Search Unity

Bug I2 Localization Bug. SetTerm not Working

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by IEndol, Nov 17, 2022.

1. IEndol

IEndol

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I recently added the I2 Localization plugin and have had an issue with translation that I can't find a solution to anywhere. Maybe someone here can help?

I am using the SetTerm() function to dynamically change the text of descriptions in my game. When I test it in my editor, on my computer, and on steam on a separate device it works.

However when the game to a user the SetTerm() function does not seem to be working. All of the text that I manually enter the Term in the component works, so they are able to access the spreadsheet. But any text that changes dynamically always comes up blank, or with a prewritten error text on it.

Can you help me out?

2. IEndol

IEndol

To further clarify, this is only happening with users outside the U.S. Maybe its a region lock thing? If anyone has any experience it I would love some help!

3. IEndol

IEndol

I found the solution, here it is in case anyone from the future googles this question and needs it solved.

In the Language Source Asset I needed to change "Auto Update Frequency" to "Never".

Once I did that, all the text updated properly.