Search Unity

I would like some help please!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by bjeridefit55, Mar 20, 2019.

1. bjeridefit55

bjeridefit55

I'm a new user and I don't know to code, so I would like some help.
    I want to create a free driving game like NFS or FORZA, playable online. I don't know where to build the map, adding cars, cops and AI.
    I want to add game moderators [for online] and they have cop cars. So, I would really appreciate some help.

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Im not entirely sure how anyone can answer this properly, youve basically said you know nothing about game development, your comment about not knowing where to build the map shows you havent done any of the unity tutorials either, and youve mentioned online gaming too (which may not seem like anything to you but to most users on here that combined with the comment of not knowing how to make games is a big red flag and a common thing here).

Just so you know, games like NFS and FORZA are physics heavy, and art asset heavy, made by teams of around 50-150, over the course of more than 1 year, full time. These people were unlikely novices but had worked on many many previous games. The guys who made forza (playground games) definately are veterans as I have met them and can vouch for such.

All I can really do is point you to the tutorials because what you want to do requires a vast amount of knowledge and skill to undertake and see through to the end:

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

and Beginner tutorials here:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/beginner-tutorials

I dont mean to sound mean, but I doubt you will get this game made. Start with something smaller. Unless your going for unrealistic physics, cutting out the online play, and going for a minimalist art style with little to no textures, this is going to be something you will struggle to finish in a viable amount of time.

Vryken, schmosef and Ryiah like this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Check out Unity's tutorial page. They are not about multiplayer driving games specifically, but they will teach you about the engine and editor features. Once you have that knowledge, then you can apply that to whatever type of project that you want.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

5. Vryken

Vryken

Whoa there. It's good to have ambitions, but at this point in time, you probably want to think less "Tripple-A quality racing game with online multiplayer", and more "Make an object move".

Joe-Censored and Ryiah like this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Your goal is like wanting to build a city while you've yet to learn to swing a hammer. Even once you learn how to use that hammer, how to properly run plumbing and electrical, you're still unlikely to be able to construct your city on your own within a reasonable time frame.

It is important to both learn how to use the available tools, while also making realistic goals. Not knowing anything about coding you're still years away from being competent enough to take on a serious project, and even then you will need to scale it down to building a house instead of a city.

JoeStrout and Ryiah like this.