Search Unity

Feedback I want you to make it easier to modify the data imported by 2D PSD Importer.

Discussion in '2D' started by deura, Apr 21, 2021.

1. deura

deura

(Request) I am a designer using 2D PSD Importer with Unity2020.3.1f1.
    In order to improve the work flow, could you please make it easier for Unity to modify the image data after import?

There are two requests.
    1. I want you to overwrite the layer deletion on the PSB side with the correction after importing to Unity. (Isn't it designed to leave useless hashes?)
    2. When modifying the PSB data, if the layer name is the same as the original layer, I want you to be able to replace (overwrite) the layer.

Current status,
    Once imported, layers with the same name are not allowed and the name is permanently missing because we don't know how to resolve it.
    Even with Skinning Editor, an error occurs when setting Sprite's Category, so if you delete the layer of the original data, you will not be able to recover and the data settings will have to be recreated.

It is inconvenient to create data with temporary images and brush up only the images.
    At worst, I want you to be able to create a layer with the same name even if the Geometry and Weight of the corresponding layer are reset.

I'm doing machine translation, so I'm sorry if the text is strange.
    Thank you for your consideration.

2. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

I am not quite sure I understand this. Could you elaborate a bit more?

We are introducing another way to map layers to Sprite in 21.2 where instead of using LayerIDs, it is possible to use the Layer's name. The pre-release version for this should be out in a couple of weeks time. Do keep a look out and try it out and let us know if this might be what you are looking for.

3. deura

deura

Thank you for your reply.
    I don't know until I give it a try, but I think <Use the Layer's name for layer mapping> is the same as my request.

2D PSD Importer is very useful.
    I am looking forward to the release.

Thank you!

4. deura

deura

This was an issue where I wanted to erase unnecessary layers if I accidentally imported them.
    I'm sorry it's hard to understand.