Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to make a dice seem rolling over the UI of my game but the dice never shows.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by dewebkabouter, May 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM.

1. dewebkabouter

dewebkabouter

Hi,
    This is my first post so forgive my ignorancy if I do something wrong.

I am working on a tribute game (basically goosgame meets RPG). which involves movement base on a dice role. I have the game mechanics working but I now need to show dice whenever I want to do stuff. because that is how the game will work.
    most of the game is 2d but I want to roll a 3d Dice over part of the UI. I created Quads to make sure the 3d object doesn't fall off the screen and i tried it out in an testgame in 2017.2 which worked fine.
    Because I want to track an active game object I am using cinemachine. but somehow whatever I try the dice never show in game. Does anyone have an idea how this could be done?

the game looks like: this

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Cinemachine is just animating the Unity Camera in your game. I don't see how it could be interfering with this. If you disable the CinemachineBrain on your main camera, does the problem go away?

3. dewebkabouter

dewebkabouter

No its buggin me a bit because the effect of dropping the dice ontop of the UI is kinda the point. I tried adding a second v camera but either I am to N00bish to understand cinemachine or I am taking the issue the wrong way.