Search Unity

I want to create Sounds from scratch

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by OsmiousH, Aug 20, 2016.

?

I want to create Sounds from scratch

1. Sounds

100.0%
  2. Extensions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OsmiousH

OsmiousH

I want to create sounds from scratch because they are alot better and legally secured than sounds from other people like freesound

I have already tried BFXR and SFXR but I dont want those kinds of sounds i want HD sounds I have studied the basic laws of sound generatin in real life and vibrations etc

Any help would be appreciated

:cool:Thx for the help in advance

2. mgear

mgear

3. jtsmith1287

jtsmith1287

Buy a nice microphone. Put together an environment with good acoustics. I use our guest room. It has enough furniture in it but also hardwood floors, so the sounds aren't too dead. Start up an audio recorder (Audacity is a fantastic free tool) and just start making noises. Bring in stuff from your kitchen, your garden shed, close, belts, shoes, keychains, coins... underwear (that elastic tho). Get a solid track of a bunch of sound effects.

Then, sit down, clear your mind, and listen. Try to forget which objects made those sounds and think about your game and what kind of feeling you want. As you come across good sounds start pulling those wave sections onto different tracks and tinkering with it, or layering it with other sounds on the main track. You will spend DAAAYS doing this, but you'll build a nice little home made sound library. The nicer your mic and environment the more crisp and authentic your sounds will be.

gennythomas likes this.