Search Unity

I want to charge $1 for an asset I've made. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PA_Steven, Sep 11, 2020.

1. PA_Steven

PA_Steven

Hi,

I've made an asset, an editor extension which I find useful myself, and I think others will find useful as well. It is only very simple though, and I think it would be too much charging $5 for it, which is the minimum Unity let you charge for a paid asset now. I only wanted to charge $1.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do? I can't think of anything more that could be added to the asset, so 'bulking it out' to $5 will involve adding stuff that's pretty irrelevant to it, which I don't really want to do.

Is there any other asset stores you know which sell Unity Packages - specifically editor extensions? I know of stores that sell models and textures, but none that sell packages specifically.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Steven

2. mgear

mgear

i havent seen editor store extensions, but there are other stores that you can sell scripts/plugins.

3. PA_Steven

PA_Steven

That might be a way to go. Do you mind telling me what they're called, if you're allowed on Unity Forums?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

If you think it's just worth $1, why not open source it? You could always have a donate button where people could thank you for contributing it. They'd probably even donate more than $1. The price of a coffee or beer is a typical donation amount.

5. PA_Steven

PA_Steven

Thanks. I've decided to release it for free in the end (and release the source, still don't really understand the difference between open source and source available, but it's one of them).

mgear and TonyLi like this.