Search Unity

Feedback I want to be able to download past Apple Silicon versions of Unity from Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by kyubuns, Mar 2, 2022.

1. kyubuns

kyubuns

Normally, past versions of Unity can be downloaded via Unity Hub by clicking the "Unity Hub" button from the Unity download archive ( https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive ).

However, this method does not allow you to install Unity with Apple Silicon support.
    (The Intel version will be forcibly selected.)

Of course, you can download and install the "Unity Editor (Apple Silicon)" and then have Unity Hub recognize it, but the directory structure will be different and I want it to do it automatically.
    Also, even in -headless mode, you cannot specify the Apple Silicon version of Editor.

Anthiese and konsnos like this.
  2. Volcore

Volcore

Yes please. The latest release broke Android builds (as Unity does regularly), and now I can't get the AS build of 2021.2.13f1 into the hub at all it seems.

3. kyubuns

kyubuns

Unity 2022LTS is out, but is there any update to Unity Hub?

4. poliska5

poliska5

Same issue, i need a older silicon version , archive always chooses intel version, this must be fixed.

Anthiese and DimitronKun like this.
  5. DimitronKun

DimitronKun

The same issue as well, please fix it!)

6. siasatpk

siasatpk

Support for Apple silicon on recent versions of the Editor is now available directly in the Unity Hub.
    1. If you're currently running the Hub on an M1 machine, simply navigate to the Installs tab > Install Editor. You'll see both architectures (see screenshot below).
    2. The default install location is /Applications/Unity.

7. kyubuns

kyubuns

I don't think even the latest UnityHub 3.2.0 has improved it.
    For example, I just want to install the Apple Silicon Version of 2021.3.7 from Unity Hub, not the currently latest 2021.3.8.

Anthiese likes this.
  8. Anthiese

Anthiese

kyubuns likes this.
  9. kyubuns

kyubuns

It has been several months since last response and this issue remains unresolved.

10. Anthiese

Anthiese

There's a beta version of Unity Hub (3.4.0-beta.1) that prompts for the desired version before installing and also allows SxS installation of Apple Silicon / Intel editors from a single unityhub:// deep link. From limited experimentation installing both versions of 2022.1.19f1 this way, this seems to work as expected. YMMV.
    upload_2022-12-7_23-14-58.png
    upload_2022-12-7_23-44-32.png

11. kyubuns

kyubuns

Update yesterday!
    What timing!
    Thanks for teach me know.

IndieFist and Anthiese like this.
  12. IndieFist

IndieFist

Im thinking im stupid, but i can read all release notes but where is the download button?
    -- edit, i have to do inside the app
    "If you want to try beta versions of the Hub or switch from beta to a stable version of the Hub, follow the instructions in Advanced Preferences."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022