Search Unity

I think I've surpassed the Unity Learn tutorials

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Deleted User, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Unity lovers

My first tutorial I went through was the Swords and Shovels Plus membership feature. I must say I learnt everything there and learnt all the basics needed. Spending £200 for 2 years worth... was it worth it?
    Well now I think I'm actually ready to put the hard work in. That means installing ProBuilder and making levels, or playing around in the editor and seeing what buttons do what.
    So yeah, I guess Swords and Shovels, now in the Premium Learn section of Unity Learn, really did improve my beginner skills.

Time to get creating! I should be searching for topics with Google now.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

No, you should be making something.

The life of a dev - even a really experienced one is a cycle of making something, getting stuck, looking up that specific thing and then solving it.

If you keep looking just for things to learn, then human lifespans aren't big enough in this field any more. It's endless. You need to be specific, which is why after the beginner steps, you need to be making your own stuff, that you came here for in the first place.

It's not hard, and post whenever you get stuck and can't get google to help! :)

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Yep, it is time to start a simple project of your own and work through solving your own problems along the way. Good luck!