Search Unity

I think C# Job System should rename.

Discussion in 'C# Job System' started by Altale, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Altale

Altale

Call it C Job System. LOL
    It can only use primitive types and literally have no relationshop to C#. Although it is under construction, i must say that it is too anti-humanity, and we must do a lot of brainstorm to fit this idea.

2. tertle

tertle

This is a well thought out and constructive observation.

RecursiveEclipse and eizenhorn like this.
  3. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

This is more than a proper naming, maybe I will reveal a secret for you, but atomic operations and worker treads are more powerful C# than simple high-level C# libraries. Job System naming perfect describes that.

Tony_Max likes this.
  4. nxrighthere

nxrighthere

In the context of Jobs System, C# means that API is exposed and oriented for the concrete programming language, I'm using the same suffix for custom parallel library and other native-to-managed stuff.

5. LazyGameDevZA

LazyGameDevZA

What about the HPC# Job System? Personally I don't really mind. To me having C# there indicates it can be used in C# more than anything else. Also C# is a language and not a framework. It would have been frustrating if it was called the .NET Job System as it's implying that the .NET api can be used.

6. julian-moschuering

julian-moschuering

The name probably originated from there being a native job system used by unity and a managed job system build upon it.
    What about 'Unity Job System'?

But of course the original author's intend wasn't to get it renamed but to get a slow and unsafe job system supporting everything matching the name.