Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

!!! I suggest Unity can plan in Windows platform !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by northman, Apr 11, 2008.

1. northman

northman

I suggest Unity group can develop and release Windows Version, because setup MacOSX to PC is very difficult, and it's very hazardous buy a Mac before study Unity3D, because you don't know you can learn and understand Unity3D engine.

I suggest Unity3D group can plan in windows platform. like this you can get a larg number of customer I believe.

This is my devout suggest. :idea:

regard.

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Yes sir!

..and this has been suggested a bazillion times already :)

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

I suggest unity improve the forum search engine.

Naw really - I have personally completely stopped using the built-in search feature and in stead begun using google site search.

4. taumel

taumel

And i demand the long promised support for AmigaOS!

5. jeremyace

jeremyace

Cookies! I want cookies!

-Jeremy

6. taumel

taumel

Go and get some walkers!

7. Jessy

Jessy

I see no reason to worry about Windows when Unity doesn't even run on a TI-82 yet.

8. jashan

jashan

Why would anybody want Unity to run on Windows, when it's now announced for the iPhone???

8)

Please no rumors - this posting is just a joke (as I would hope any posting with many many !!! and the word "Windows" in its title should be ;-) ).

But... um... didn't some people request this for an FAQ in www.unity3d.com? That would be so cool to stop people from asking the same question over and over and over again in the forums... at least... hopefully ;-)

Can I use Unity on Windows to develop my games?

Not yet. But Windows editor support is planned.

When will that be available?

We don't know, yet... Subscribe to our newsletter "here".

Can I use Unity to create games for Windows?

Yes, if you have a Mac.

Sunny regards,
    Jashan

9. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

@northman: it's coming, we're on a Windows version of Unity already. No dates to share yet, just know that it's underway.

That's on my long list of things I'd like to get to, some day. :p Seriously, I have a bunch of forum improvements that I'm hoping to get to this spring. With that in mind, it's not like the search is so broken that discussion about Unity on Windows cannot be found. ;)

Yes, but please remember that our to-do lists are VERY long and some stuff has to wait a bit longer (too long?). I hope the wait isn't too painful and that I'll be on the FAQs (stickies in each forum) and forum updates (search being a top priority) soon enough.

10. MatthewW

MatthewW

As a mild thread hijack--move the forum to vBulletin. Yes, phpBB is free and opensource and all. But vB is a better user experience, full stop.

I use Unity, instead of Ogre3D or whatever, and you guys should do the same with the forum ;)

11. taumel

taumel

Walking down the memory lane...almost three years...

Funny i also brought it up in my first post on this forum on the 9.6.2005 - maybe the first win IDE posting... Anyway i'm quite confident beeing informed as David once wrote "PS. And no, nothing announced about a windows version of the editor. I promise you'll know if/when."... :O)

12. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

If the Amiga Version is out sooner - that's fine with me. Is there also a C64 version comming any time, soon? :D

Seriously, though: I'll ave to admit - even though I love MacOS - I'm somehow hoping for a Windows version in the near future, too. :oops:

Still: No matter what unity really rocks. I've worked with a few Engines (commercial and free ones) and so far NONE of these was a match to Unity's workflow and usability in conunction with the extensiveness of it's graphical features.

13. marty

marty

Atari 800 for me, please.

14. defmech

defmech

When registering for an account, or at least making a new thread, you should have to check a box agreeing not to discuss a Windows version :\

15. marty

marty

Good idea! Maybe there should just be a separate forum for that.

An Atari 8-bit version though, now that just makes sense.

[/quote]

16. nickavv

nickavv

Honestly, SMF is probably the best forum experience you can find, AND it's free and open source. I think there are phpBB to SMF topic migrators. You should definitely consider an upgrade.

17. taumel

taumel