Search Unity

Nice day who wants too help ;)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Lightme, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Lightme

Lightme

Hi everyone,

some of you I know for publishing their games on my YouTube channel that as well isn't that populair.
    I really trying hard too get started making a game. My name is Johnny, nice too meet you all.

This week I published my horrible game "Guess The Number" and today I start exploring making a 2d platform game. It jumps but keeps jumping and don't get me started about creating the first level. Saw tutorials minus 30 minutes on how too create a level... You think next too running a business I have time for that. Nah, don't but will figure out how too anyway...

60 hours a day working (yeah 24/7) but still you got the point. I thought this is the forum on how too start so without further ado hello!

Waiting for your comments... sorry for my not attributing post ;)

2. Green11001

Green11001

Jumps and keeps jumping? Im assuming your character has the ability to jump in air and you dont want that?

3. Lightme

Lightme

Sorry for my late reply , so much work ... yes exactly that! happend...!!!

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please use topic titles that reflect the nature of your problem, and ask questions. Nobody is interested in if you think you suck or not, just the problems in development.

Joe-Censored, Ryiah and Antypodish like this.
  5. Green11001

Green11001

ok im assuming that your character has no grounded state. Try to add a physics. overlap circle every update (google it for more details) and if you hit "ground" set a grounded variable to true and if not, set it to false. Each time you jump check if you are grounded and if yes, then do the jump

6. Lightme

Lightme

ok, I just can't edit the title...

will investigate on that thank you ! ;)

7. Antypodish

Antypodish

Try
    upload_2019-3-23_20-51-51.png

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

@Lightme Yep, there is no shame here. I would never allow elitism to run amok. You can be any level of experience and ask any kind of question but never apologise for being interested in the same things I am :D

Joe-Censored and Lightme like this.