Search Unity

I still have a problem with Plus.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EquineKnight, Jun 22, 2016.

1. EquineKnight

EquineKnight

It's still has a revenue cap. And the gap between Plus and Pro is too high. 35/month to 125/month? At that rate, you should get more than just "no revenue cap." You should get everything, including Source Code.

Maybe it's just me.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. Tanel

Tanel

Opening up the source probably isn't that easy for them, lots of middleware licensing issues etc.

3. shaderop

shaderop

But why?

I respect your right to have strong opinions on the matter, but there's nothing much to discuss here if you're not going to offer a rationale for your view.

theANMATOR2b and Ryiah like this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

You do realize without a revenue cap no one would waste their time with Unity Pro, right?

Acissathar, Martin_H, Kiwasi and 2 others like this.
  5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Its pretty much just you now. The new pricing model makes plus a viable option. Pro is still there for the big guys. Personal is still there for the little guys.

theANMATOR2b and djweinbaum like this.
  6. darkhog

darkhog

Seriously, double the revenue cap of Personal is more than enough. Although I agree that Pro should include source code access. This would be actual selling point and would bring to it even more value than the way it was in 4.x where some features were Pro-only. Wouldn't mind higher sub cost if that would be the case either.

7. goat

goat

It's the services at the Pro level that jack up the price. No need paying for that unless as the Unity rules state you make 200K or more a year. I am certainly not going to try and put 25 units of product in a 10 unit tank.

Kiwasi likes this.