Search Unity

I opened MegaCity and and entire project is pink(missing shaders)

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by AbhimanyuAryan, Apr 7, 2020.

1. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

I'm using 2019.1.0b7 for the project as suggested for the megacity project. But have a look at the project when I open it...it's missing shaders. No errors as far as I can see.

How I fix this pink city???

Attached Files:

• pink.jpg
      pink.jpg
      File size:
      267.4 KB
      Views:
  2. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Install the required packages eg HDRP or try opening from HDRP template project

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Neither of these should be needed, the project should run as is. If you install HDRP manually or put it on HDRP template, you may end up in the situation that OP is at atm.

You should just extract the zip to a new folder and open it with 2019.1.0b7 as is. MegaCity has HDRP 5.8.2-preview on it's dependencies so it'll install it automatically.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Awarisu likes this.
  4. michaelgrilo

michaelgrilo

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

But Megacity materials are already configured for HDRP. I tested this the other day and can confirm it opened up just fine without no need to manually change anything:

6. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

what do you mean by extract the zip to a new folder? This is kind of confusing. I mean moving the data to empty folder will fix the problem? I have same Unity version and I don't think it works as it is :(

7. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

where did you download megacity from? The official blog post for Megacity or it's so other source like Github(if available there)

8. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Scroll at the end of this page and you'll find a download link: https://unity.com/megacity

9. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Your data is already corrupt from your past attempts so moving files is not likely to help. Extract the original zip again.

10. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

downloaded from same place

11. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

I have done it multiple times & I downloaded the zip with IDM download manager. I don't think there was any problem with downloading the zip file

12. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Just to make sure, are you testing this on windows? I'm not sure if other platforms are supported even.

13. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

14. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I dunno, make sure you truly extract to a new folder, so there's no old library folder present etc. I just tried this few days ago. Extracted the zip to a new folder, added that project to Hub, opened it with 2019.1.0b7 and it all worked fine.

Also make sure you truly have it open on 2019.1.0b7 and not in some other engine version (like 2019.3.0b7 etc).

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  15. AbhimanyuAryan

AbhimanyuAryan

yaa I know. I downloaded the compatible version

16. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

Hi.

I can't find that version. The official 2019.1 Beta page send me to Unity 2019.1.0f1. Do you remember where you downloaded it?

Thanks.

17. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

This should work: https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2021.1.0b7 just hit "install with hub" from that page and it'll install it using Unity Hub

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  18. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

Thanks but that's the 2021 beta ^^'. I'm looking for the 2019 but I don't think it's still available.

Do you know where I could find an updated MegaCity project? It doesn't compiles on anything else than the 2019b it was made on.

19. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Oops :D that was just a typo. Try https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2019.1.0b7 You can use the same naming pattern for all betas (for alphas you can just swap the word beta to alpha).

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  20. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

I finally made it work. :D

Thanks a lot, without your help it wouldn't have been possible.

I don't get why unity make their demo project that messy to use. Not only did I need a hard to find beta editor but I also had to jump through hoops to reinstall the deprecated Burst in a non functioning Package Manager.

Here is the line to paste instead of the old one in the manifest.json.
    "com.unity.burst": "1.5.3",

gfr58 likes this.
  21. gfr58

gfr58

Same here - that made it work for me as well. Thank you so much, guys! :D

Marc-Saubion likes this.