Search Unity

I need to rent a ultra PC to record the trailer for may game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MikeyJY, Jul 16, 2020.

1. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

Hi. I need to record the trailer for my game, but the my PC(the pc used for creating the game) is not very performing. It works at 60 FPS at the fastest graphics settings. Of course the trailer should be recorded at the best graphics(with post-processing, anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, bloom, best ocean quality).

You probably heard about websites where can play games in browser by running the games on their high-performance computers. But you can play only known games. Do you know any solution to record some sequences of the game on a very performant configuration?

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Could you play the game at 1/4 speed or something and speed it up in post? For example if you can run the game at 15 fps on highest settings, then if you scale time to 1/4 of normal, you can record and speed the video up 4x in a video editor.

Alternatively get a gpu-optimized azure virtual desktop and remote desktop into it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/sizes-gpu

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    bobisgod234 likes this.
  3. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

So I need to set the time scale to 0.25 and just play the video faster. This would be great. One little problem with this method is that when you are in slow motion it is very hard to control the character and everything will fell unresponsive.
    Anyway I'll try

4. bobisgod234

bobisgod234

This is what we do when we record videos.

The controls may feel unresponsive when you are playing the game, but that doesn't matter once you speed up the footage.

It may take several attempts, but that is just how recording trailers go.

MikeyJY and PraetorBlue like this.
  5. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

I have one question. Time scale changes the speed of animated materials like ocean waves, because if not, at editing, the waves will be 4x faster if it is not changed by 4x slower time scale

6. dgoyette

dgoyette

I'm not sure how that's a question. But, yes, generally any animations you use should be based on scaled time, so that the animation speeds up / slows down as Time.timeScale changes. That's typically the default behavior anyway, but if not, you should be able to elect to use either scaled or unscaled time.

7. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

I didn't mean about animations of objects with keyframes and curves that are created in animation tab or imported from 3d modeling sofware of objects with keyframes and curves. I mean about materials that use a shader that contains vertex displacement based on time, or normal maps that move along the water surface based on the time that has passed since start or sine of time?

8. dgoyette

dgoyette

Sure. Those should be using scaled time as well. Any reason that's a problem?

9. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

No. I just to ensure that shader language(hlsl) is influenced by time scale. thanks

10. MikeyJY

MikeyJY