Search Unity

I need some advice associated with buying from the asset store.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Trev3333, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Trev3333

Trev3333

Hi All,

I need some advice associated with buying from the asset store.

There are two of us working on a project, each doing there own tasks. However, there is an asset which would be of benefit, which is described as having a seat licence.

In brief, if only one of us intends to use it, are we able to get one licence, or would we require two, due to the number of people involved with the project?

Trev

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

This is one of those questions you're not likely to get a satisfactory answer to, given the sort of vague wording throughout the Unity EULA. If I'm not mistaken, you're technically supposed to purchase a license to the asset for anybody that will have the asset installed on their machine, which means anybody sharing the same code base for the Unity project. That said, there's nothing built into the Editor to determine how many people have the asset stored locally, or indeed, are actively using it. It seems to be upon you to determine what level you're willing to go to comply with the terms of service, support the developers, and manage your own project's budget.