Search Unity

I Need help with Visual Studio and Unity

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Landonontheweekends, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Landonontheweekends

Landonontheweekends

This is my first time using Unity. I watched a tutorial that told me to go to installs, and click on the cog. The option "Add modules" was shown in the tutorial, but it won't show for me. Does anyone know a solution. I'm trying to link Visual Studio to Unity.

The tutorial:

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I would suggest trying to reinstall Unity itself from the most recent version of the Hub you've got, and select the modules you want to install during the install.

Landonontheweekends likes this.
  3. Landonontheweekends

Landonontheweekends

I tried reinstalling earlier, but there was no prompt to add modules. I'll see if it works this time.

4. tleylan

tleylan

This should definitely work and if you tried reinstalling earlier there must be some sort of issue. So which version of Unity Hub do you have? Which version of the Editor did you install? And are you using Windows?

5. Landonontheweekends

Landonontheweekends

I'm using Windows 10, my hub version is 3.4.1, Editor version is 2021.3.16f1

6. Landonontheweekends

Landonontheweekends

I just fixed it. I tried reinstalling one more time. It worked.

7. tleylan

tleylan

Good news. Now that is more than likely VS Community 2019. You might want to independently install VS Community 2022. Once it is installed you can point your Unity editor to it and use that one instead.