Search Unity

I need a little community help

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by CJ_lite, May 10, 2019.

1. CJ_lite

CJ_lite

I'm making a sandbox game somewhat akin to Minecraft on terms of world generation and multiplayer, and I was hoping I could get some ideas from the community. I need ideas on stuff like mechanics, items, and general quality of life things to add in. I already have a form of RPG system in mind to where you can choose classes, level up, gain skills, etc. I also have in place a system where if you look at hostile mobs or enemy players, attack a hostile or neutral mob or enemy player, or are attacked by the said above, a border will come in and show your stats and HP as well as theirs. The battle ends if you look away, defeat all the enemies, or die in the process. That's what I have so far. So please help me think of features for my game. Thank you!

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Unless you are experienced programmer and know Unity well, the ideas are least of your problems.
    You already stated bunch of them.

Yet try pick up one, or two things from your list and implement them. Soon you will realize, it takes quite of time, to get there.

By the time you got that, your ideas will come up to your mind by itself.
    And you will soon realize, that you never will be able to implement halve of them by your own.
    Then you will start cutting them down ;)

So realistically looking, pick few to one feature (s) at the time, and implement it, to keep motivated. Then go forward.
    Otherwise you will get overwhelmed and may loose interest. Least you want ;)

runevision likes this.
  3. CJ_lite

CJ_lite

OK, thanks that helps quite a bit!