Search Unity

Games I made a demo of my new arcade game in 12 hours. Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by majlan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. majlan

majlan

Neon Defense is my new game initially created for Homa Games Monthly Jam. I found about it on Friday evening, got the idea when I was falling asleep, started working on the game on Saturday evening and completed it (at least in its current state) on Sunday evening. It took me about 12 - 13 hours to create everything from scratch (except the music).

You can try the game here: https://fluffy-paws.itch.io/neon-defense

Do you have any feedback regarding the difficulty, gameplay or anything else in general? I plan to continue with adding a new game mode which will split the game into levels with increasing difficulty.

You can follow me for further updates:
    Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. Serinx

Serinx

Nice concept. I struggled a little to identify the correct button in time as the colours aren't very distinct.
    Perhaps a different shape for each of the buttons which matches the enemies could help with that while adding some variety? A different effect for each colour would be a nice bit of juicyness too.

Is there anything to stop players from spamming all the buttons? Playing on PC I obviously couldn't but that could make it too easy on mobile.

Nice work for 12 hours! I suggest you add some pictures and videos here to get more feedback.

Cheers

3. winning11123

winning11123

Tart it up and could be great I think for mobile. Just needs a skin, some variation(leveling up), sounds and a pr team). With some expansion can see it being addictive. just feedback from single play.

4. majlan

majlan

Thanks for the feedback!

I will try to improve the colors and the their recognition. You can spam all buttons but there's not much to gain from that, especially in the later phase when the enemies are really fast.

This game is primarily developed for mobile. There's a lot of to work on - levels, power-ups, better graphics and sounds. I'm also considering a cooperation with some publisher but that's still in an early phase.