Search Unity

I keep on getting an error message when I am trying to install unity from the unity hub.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Sworndoesnotsuck, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Sworndoesnotsuck

Sworndoesnotsuck

I have tried to install Unity so many times today but it keeps on showing "Something went wrong installing Unity 2020.3.2f1" Can someone tell me how to fix this. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. BestBeast

BestBeast

Same here - but I know the reason... I work on wifi on my PC and as soon as there is a tiny drop of connection - bum! "Something went wrong" - and you can start from scratch...
    Really?!?!????...
    This is a year 2021... can you name another downloader which is not capable of picking the download at the point when it stopped last time?

3. mijenner

mijenner

Same problem here on a mac ... now I'll try again with a usb-ethernet connector to see if it is more reliable than wifi.

4. mijenner

mijenner

Used speedcheck.org and found that with download speed as low as 6Mbps I ran into the error again and again. Fixing the wifi brought it up to 20Mbps or higher and first time it worked without issues. By the way: the ethernet didn't help because it was busy and didn't bring the speed much above 6Mbps.