Search Unity

I just finished my first video game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by freezingwreck, Nov 28, 2013.

1. freezingwreck

freezingwreck

2. typane

typane

Rate your game 5 stars? I guess it's alright for a first game but if all you care about is fame or in this circumstance pseudo fame for something you develop why bother doing it. You won't learn from your mistakes if you believe what you have developed is perfect, allow people to criticise you. For example I will go first:

The enemies didn't fire back and enough so there was no real challenge.
    If I tap space bar fast enough I can sit in one spot and spew out a lot of bullets making them coming toward me redundant and ultimately killing themselves.

Keep up the good work.

3. rpaternoster

rpaternoster

Yeh I agree with typane. It looks good and plays well. But it needs something added to it to make it more than just an asteroids clone.

4. inko

inko

@rpaternoster
    ... space invaders clone. Big difference!

Apart from that I very much agree with the two posts above. There is barely anything to criticise here since the concept isn't yours and the little there is is broken because of the missing bullets-on-screen limitation. Basically you can just sit back and shot a straight wall up into the air waiting for the monsters to run into. The art is really nice, but apart from that it looks more like a coding exercise.

This sure sounds harsh but keep it up. You definitely got talent.
    Oh, and grats on finishing!

5. freezingwreck

freezingwreck

lol i doubt ill get a lot of fame (especially for this game!) you can criticize me all you want because it is a shameless space invaders clone. i just didnt want my game it get blamed like my first upload did. i would make a more unique game but lack the skills necessary. i already know that if i want to be a game developer im going to need thick skin because the way the industry is it has more consumer criticisms than other industries.

6. freezingwreck

freezingwreck

yup space invaders not asteroids.

but thank you.

7. typane

typane

Thats it. Posting on the forums your game is not generally the best idea. Most people criticise more harshly what the public doesn't see because we can see fault. That being said I wasn't remarking on you getting fame for the game, it was more remarking on the fact you said rate it 5 stars. Why would you want people to lie and said its worthy of 5 stars compared to other games.