Search Unity

I just "accepted" and messaged 19 people the same thing...

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by infinitypbr, Nov 9, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I had a task up. My personal preference is to message the first person who seems qualified and hold off on the rest. Unfortunately the first person seems very very slow to respond, so I'm moving on.

I now have 19 candidates. They're all over the world, some with photos of themselves, others not. Some have long resumes, others not. But you know what? They all seem equally good.

I suppose I don't really know how to vet programmers. I'm aware that some with impressive resumes may be not very good, while some with very little to show for themselves may be downright genius.

So I messaged them all the same thing, asking if they can do it, how much they'd charge.

I have no idea how I'll pick. First I'll wait for a while to see who responds in the next 12-24 hours I guess, and then go for whoever seems most communicative with a quote that fits my budget.

That's it. I don't know if the "Accept & Message" system is the best for this kind of task or not. I'm mostly interested in the budget -- I'm going to trust that anyone who says they can do it isn't lying, knowing full well that some may be. Perhaps a better way would to allow people to submit a quote when they apply. But then I need to make sure that I'm very descriptive in my task.

Who knows. I certainly don't :D

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Good luck! And keep us updated - we are super receptive to changing the workflow to make sure it creates the most efficient and easy to use marketplace.

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I just logged in - I've been getting emails, but just skimming them knowing I need to wait for more replies. I logged in and there were a ton of new messages.

I do like how the messages are organized by the task, so all the messages for that task are together . I can imagine once I do the same thing for another task later today, i'd get very disorganized very quickly otherwise!

I've chosen one -- the first one who replied who also knew what I was talking about (re-stated the goal in his own words). We'll see how it goes!