Search Unity

Question I imported unity particle pack into my game and now everything is pink

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Hardrocker11, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Hardrocker11

Hardrocker11

Hello, I am having this issue which is making me very depressed. I have a URP unity game that is in vr, but I imported the unity particle pack and now everything is pink. I tried doing render pipeline - Universal Render Pipeline - Upgrade project materials... but that didn’t work, and I couldn’t find where my saves are. Please help me I’ve been working on this game for months.

2. BigSquirmy

BigSquirmy

Custom shaders need to be converted manually. The complexity of this varies from "Just add a simple tag to the shader code" right up to "You'll need to understand URP in depth and rethink how to get the same effect".

If you're unfamiliar with shader programming and it's a custom shader your best bet is to contact the author or look around for a similar shader that was built for URP.

3. PutridEx

PutridEx

check if your assets have a material assigned. If not, try and re-assign materials and see if that works.

If no dice, delete the particle pack completely. Hopefully it'll fix it. If all still didn't work and you aren't getting help here, check out Unity's Discord server. Eventually someone will probably help you out.

4. Hardrocker11

Hardrocker11

What is the ip of the server, because the things you said didn’t work.

5. PutridEx

PutridEx

Just go to join server, and type Unity on discord.

6. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

As this is more a URP question than a VR one, I'm going to move this thread to the URP forum.

7. SpyderManToo

SpyderManToo

help i have this problem also, What can i do to fix this

8. TeslaCuil

TeslaCuil

I found that importing the particle pack when using URP disables the URP render pipeline, so you have to go into the project settings > graphics and re-assign the URP render pipeline asset.

I also had to delete the "TutorialInfo" folder that was added, since there was a script in it that had an error