Search Unity

I have some problems (Unity Hub,Tutorial and Scripts)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by sebapanero96, Aug 8, 2019.

1. sebapanero96

sebapanero96

Hello, mi name is Sebastian, really new to the Unity world, but i have a lot of problems to start.
    (if i misspell some word or something, english is not my native language :p)

1- Unity Hub dont download the Editor.
    I create the account, pick the destination. Pick mi tutorial . Keep waiting to finish.
    Hub download like 70% of the program and then, just dissapear and later show me the "Create the account, pick destination" everything again. (i try like 4 times to download using the Hub)
    So i just download the lastest version manualy. Kinda solved i guess.

2- Okey, i have the Hub, i locate the editor.
    Go to Learn in the Hub, pick a tutorial.
    Tutorial does not work whit 2019.2
    So i download the old version of Editor , the 2019.1
    Kinda solved but, why i have to do all this?

3- Finally whit the 2019.1 i open the Editor, start the project, start the tutorial.
    And when i have to make a Script, (copy paste from tutorial) it dsnt work.
    The Visual 2017 says: Format of Guid unknown.
    It appear just Clean, but doesnt work.

Im having a rough start on Unity.

I search on google how to resolve, and now im in the forum so i get a direct answer.
    I click on the Issue Tracker but the page is down.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Video and interactive tutorials take a very long time to create. Updating them everytime there is a new release is simply not possible with how many of them exist. Text tutorials would be a different story but most people don't want text tutorials.

This is a very common problem with game engines targeting high end games and it never truly goes away. Hardware and game development techniques are constantly evolving to keep pace with the desire of gamers to have better and better games so we have to constantly keep pace with them. Unreal and CryEngine have the exact same problem.

One tactic many developers choose is to stick to one release for the duration of a project only moving to a new release if they have no alternative or if they decide that an upcoming feature is worth the effort of upgrading everything. This is why you can still download releases as old as Unity 3.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd suggest instead of any interactive tutorials you're having issues with, to just watch some tutorial videos and follow along. Either from the Learn section or on YouTube. The interactive tutorials I believe are pretty new (didn't they just come out a few months back for 2018.3?), and it is unlikely that any of the experienced people on the forum have ever even tried them.

Not sure about your VS issue.