Search Unity

I have no UI tab visible in the Hierarchy

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by denissuu, Dec 6, 2019.

1. denissuu

denissuu

Hi there guys! Well, I have updated to the latest Unity 2019.3.0f1, and now I can't see the UI thing to make panels when I right click in the hierarchy to create new stuff.I have tried looking into the window tabs and stuff and even there everything is gray and not clickable.What could it be?
    Do you guys have any ideas?
    This is really making me stop from working at my virtual controls and a lot of other things.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

UI was moved to a package. Open the package manager window and check that the UI package has been added.

3. Murgilod

Murgilod

Okay, this is getting a bit silly, don't you think? It was bad enough when I found out I had to download a package to perform basic sprite setups, but the UI package now? Games generally have UIs, which means putting it in a package that isn't automatically downloaded is absolutely ridiculous.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It should automatically be installed and UI comes as an included package with the Editor.
    This was also done in 2019.2 so it's possible that it's not the problem the poster is suffering from.

UI has always been a seperate thing. Before it was a module, a seperate set of dlls that could be modifed, now it follows the package system so its the same approach to modify as any other package.
    We will also have UIElements coming as an alternative UI system in the future

5. sgyyprymwb

sgyyprymwb

Thats work?

6. iam11yearsoldboiiiii

iam11yearsoldboiiiii

UGGGGGGGGH IVE BEEN SCOWERING FOR SOME SOULUTION AND I HAVENT FOUND IT YET I USE THE SAME VERSION AS DENISSUU AND I LITERALLY CANT FIND ANYTHING PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSEEEEEE HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPP