Search Unity

Question I have install accelerator,it's running ,but i can't find a ip and port to connect to it~

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by UUUnity, Jan 11, 2020.

1. UUUnity

UUUnity

when i install the accelerator in local PC
    it told me to use following ip address and port number
    but it don't give me that !
    just show "0:"

Attached Files:

2. bradunity

bradunity

@UUUnity we have recently noticed that as a bug in the installer and will have a fix for that issue soon. Meanwhile, you can open the unity-accelerator.cfg file that was created and stored in the directory you chose for caching items. Look for the LastUsedIP field and the LastUsedProtobufPort for the address and port numbers you can reference in your Unity Editor preferences.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    cliv3dev likes this.
  3. wechat_os_Qy0yIdSmDD6MNohbuzzNiG-MY

wechat_os_Qy0yIdSmDD6MNohbuzzNiG-MY

upload_2020-2-3_15-17-38.png I have the same problem, but in my case ,the "LastUsedIP" and "LastUsedProtobufPort" in my unity-accelerator.cfg was null. how can i do?

4. bradunity

bradunity

If those values are empty then that would suggest that either the Accelerator was not configured to enable ADBv2 (aka support for the Asset Import Pipeline v2) or it was unable to successfully select an available listen address and port on the system. To troubleshoot this further, you'd likely need to review the unity-accelerator.log file that should have been created in the directory you choose for storage. If this doesn't have any clues to help you along, I would recommend opening a ticket with Unity customer support.

5. wechat_os_Qy0yIdSmDD6MNohbuzzNiG-MY

I review the unity-accelerator.log, and the log file shows:
    msg : pubnubVersionOnly.client.AttemptJSON error
    component :pubnubVersionOnly
    subprocess_id :4
    error :gave up after 5 attempts
    level :warn,
    msg :standardClient.Doerror,
    component :pubnubVersionOnly
    subprocess_id :4,
    method :pOST
    target":"https://collab-accelerator.cloud.unity3d.com/api/v1/accelerator/version_channel_access
    error":"Post https://collab-accelerator.cloud.unity3d.com/api/v1/accelerator/version_channel_access: dial tcp 34.96.123.104:443: i/o timeout

6. wechat_os_Qy0yIdSmDD6MNohbuzzNiG-MY

7. bradunity

bradunity

That sounds like the Accelerator is unable to establish any kind of connection. Is it being limited by a local system firewall, perhaps?

8. wechat_os_Qy0yIdSmDD6MNohbuzzNiG-MY

Sorry to reply so late, but I closed the firewall and Accelerator still didn't work

9. bradunity

bradunity

10. heweiwei

heweiwei

The same problom:just show "0:"
    upload_2020-2-20_12-24-40.png
    upload_2020-2-20_12-26-23.png

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  11. Dorice

Dorice

I have the same problem. Can I install Accelerator without Internet access? I want to install in my local network.

12. bradunity

bradunity

@Dorice, thank you for asking about this. I am able to reproduce this behavior when attempting to run an Accelerator on a network without public Internet access and have opened an internal bug (tracking as [COL-1426]). We'll definitely get a fix for this soon. In the meantime, the only "workaround" is to have connectivity to the Internet from the host the Accelerator is to be running. I'll update this thread when we release a fix for this issue.

13. srowlands_dev

srowlands_dev

Hi

I recently deployed an accelerator as part of an ongoing project and had a remote team send me this issue, on screen sharing with them I found they had this issue when they installed the accelerator on a machine but had put the cache storage path as a network address and not a local path on the machine.

Are you attempting to do something similar?

14. bradunity

bradunity

For those interested, today's release should work when installed in a network that does not allow egress connections.

15. amynox

amynox

Same error here !

I'm using U.A v1.0.524+g96c5e18 on macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

The accelerator is showing ":0".

My machine is directly connected to the internet. The only thing from default settings is that cache location is in an external hard drive (USB).

Thanks

16. gregoryh_unity

gregoryh_unity

Unity Technologies

This could be an installer bug, or "something else", unfortunately. If you can check the storage directory you gave while installing, there should be some log files that might help with debugging there. The directory will have unity-accelerator.cfg and either some *.log files or a log directory with *.log files in it.