Search Unity

Feedback I have an error on startup.

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by VasyaCullin, May 27, 2019.

1. VasyaCullin

VasyaCullin

I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong. I did everything according to the instructions

Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<IList`1,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEngine.Localization.LocalizedAssetTable] failed because dependent operation failed
    2. Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=System.Object[]
    3. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    4. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    6. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to preload table: UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<IList`1,IResourceLocator>
    3. UnityEngine.Localization.AssetDatabasePreloadOperation:PreloadTablesCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    4. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    6. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    7. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    8. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception: ChainOperation of Type: System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEngine.Localization.LocalizedAssetTable] failed because dependent operation failed
    2. Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=System.Object[]
    3. UnityEngine.Localization.AssetDatabasePreloadOperation:PreloadTablesCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    6. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    8. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<IList`1,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEngine.Localization.StringTableBase] failed because dependent operation failed
    3. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    6. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to preload: UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<IList`1,IResourceLocator>
    2. UnityEngine.Localization.InitializationOperation:<PreLoadTables>b__6_1(AsyncOperationHandle)
    3. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    4. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    5. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    6. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    7. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception: ChainOperation of Type: System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[UnityEngine.Localization.StringTableBase] failed because dependent operation failed
    3. UnityEngine.Localization.InitializationOperation:<PreLoadTables>b__6_1(AsyncOperationHandle)
    4. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.8.6-preview/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi. Is this error in the editor or player?
    If its in the player did you build the Addressable assets?
    Does it happen if you use On demand mode instead of preload?

3. VasyaCullin

VasyaCullin

Hi! In Player.
    Error in the editor.
    Yes, I did Build the addressable assets
    In both cases, it's a problem.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you able to share the project?

5. peeka

peeka

I am running into the same error, happen to me with scene, what happen is I delete the scene file, and later put it back, it doesn't seems to load anymore

Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<SceneInstance,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.SceneInstance failed because dependent operation failed
    Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=mission_1

6. peeka

peeka

I am trying out playing in pack mode, and it give me error player content must be built before entering play mode with packed data, and I did build the content, it still give me that error after i built

7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hey sorry I missed your message (I was on holiday).
    If you could provide some simple steps to reproduce the error I would appreciate it.
    We are trying to improve the error messages.

8. peeka

peeka

there was no bug, the key I am using is not correct, the reason that got me is when the scene gets re-added to addressable, it's using the default full path key instead of my original named key, so that mess me up. but once I learned it's all good now.

karl_jones likes this.
  9. AkshayBisht

AkshayBisht

Hi @karl_jones Happened with me with "failed because dependent operation failed
    Dependency Exception".
    Addressables works fine in all three Play Mode in Editor. But after build running exe generates this error.

The error was cause because my local build and load path was Assets/StreamingAssets and I changed it to library/addressables(which is default).
    It is working now.
    Any fix?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  10. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you able to share an example project and some simple steps I can follow to reproduce it?

11. TruAmbition

TruAmbition

Hey @karl_jones, I'm seeing this same error when building a simple project, adding addressable package, offloading assets to google Cloud bucket. I have a project I can zip and share if you are willing and able to assist me troubleshooting.

Seeing 2 errors:
    Error while downloading Asset Bundle: Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle "{public url to google cloud bundle}"

&

Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed
    Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Unable to load dependent bundle from location Assets/Prefabs/Sphere.prefab.

Please advise,

12. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

If it's an addressable issue then you would be better asking in the addressable forum or filing a bug report

https://forum.unity.com/forums/addressables.156/

13. Dawdlebird

Dawdlebird

Having the same issue. Filing a bug report with scene right now. Hopefully someone can have a look at this.