Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a Unity PRO license, but am locked out of Beta.

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by prestonmatterport, Jul 24, 2015.

1. prestonmatterport

prestonmatterport

I have a valid Unity PRO license, and have logged in to the correct Unity account in the Unity Editor start-up window.
    But Unity 5.2.0 beta 4 will not let me open a new or existing project due to it "requires having a Unity Pro license".

See the attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

When you open up an already released Unity version, does it correctly say that you're running Pro in about window?

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Take a screenshot of your About window, and send that into the support team. They can help confirm that you have a Pro version of Unity which should give you access to 5.2beta. Only thing I'd wonder is if your machine actually uses your Pro subscription, or if it's activated with a Personal Edition.

4. VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR

I would disable your activation and reload Unity

5. prestonmatterport

prestonmatterport

Thanks all, I was able to get it to work. I had been using Unity Betas on this machine very recently, so my machine must have been activated to use the Pro version. When I checked, the About window did indeed say that I was using Personal version. This means that it spontaneously downgraded from Pro to Personal =/

I was able to get it to work again by releasing the license and then entering the license serial # again.

6. prestonmatterport

prestonmatterport

The downgrade from Pro to Personal happened to me again. It might have been caused by me deleting the Library folder.