Search Unity

I have a problem with my Unity editor!

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by KarlMundur12345, Jun 16, 2018.

1. KarlMundur12345

KarlMundur12345

I might have problem with my Unity editor. when i import a package such as ''Standard Assets"
    I get a ton of errors like:" UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup.PSM is obsolete."
    "UnityEngine.GUIText' is obsolete"
    "UnityEngine.Object.DestroyObject(UnityEngine.Object)' is obsolete"
    "UnityEngine.GUITexture' is obsolete"
    "UnityEngine.Object.DestroyObject(UnityEngine.Object)' is obsolete"

I have a critical error as well:
    PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (20) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    UnityStandardAssets.CrossPlatformInput.Inspector.CrossPlatformInitialize:SetEnabled(String, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Standard Assets/Editor/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs:127)
    UnityStandardAssets.CrossPlatformInput.Inspector.CrossPlatformInitialize:.cctor() (at Assets/Standard Assets/Editor/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs:22)
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:processInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

I don't know what to do. does this have to do something with my VisualStudio?
    need help...

40detectives likes this.
  2. 40detectives

40detectives

As far as I know these errors are because some of these build targets where removed since the Unity version those Standard Assets were last added/modified.

Me myself have found that error message for the "build target group (20)" too (at least in 2018.1.6f1-2018.1.8f1). It should not be something to worry about (i.e. ignore them), but if you don't want to see them popping again, go and open:

<ProjectFolder>\Assets\Standard Assets\Editor\CrossPlatformInput\CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs

And delete the lines with references to
    BuildTargetGroup.PSM
    , at least the error has not appeared to me again since then.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  3. alishdh3515

alishdh3515

Thanks were effective