Search Unity

I have a problem getting start in WebGL

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Hun0305, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Hun0305

Hun0305

WebGL.PNG WebGL.PNG
    Hello. This is Korean high school student who wants to make a Web game in Unity WebGL.
    I downloaded WebGL development files, and have a Switch Platform in Build Settings.
    But as soon as I switched platform, I have these errors in image.

D:\Unity\Editor\2019.2.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\PointerInputModule.cs(70,61): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Touch' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

D:\Unity\Editor\2019.2.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\BaseInput.cs(19,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IMECompositionMode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

D:\Unity\Editor\2019.2.0f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\BaseInput.cs(104,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Touch' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I really wants to fix these errors, but I couldnt find solutions however hard I searched about this in Google.

Is there someone who can help me?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Does this happen on a new/empty project also?

3. Hun0305

Hun0305

Yes it does.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You might try "Reset packages to default" under the Help menu.

5. Hun0305

Hun0305

upload_2019-9-5_12-17-21.png
    Umm.. I think the problem isnt solved.

6. krmmachlab

krmmachlab

I had the same problem and couldn't find any solution after an hour of googling. Then I finally figured it out:
    Make sure you have the correct WebGL Target Support installed (for the right Unity version). In my case I has installed WebGL Target Support for Unity 2019.1.1 (which I used for an older project), but my current project was on 2019.2.1.
    So go to https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2019.2.1 (replace the last part of the url with whichever Unity version you're using) and scroll down to WebGL Target Support and download+install it (choose the correct Unity path in installation). That should fix the problem. Hope that helps.

nshamnor, abhi_14k and lertanisslobr like this.
  7. lertanisslobr

lertanisslobr

thank you

8. D1Mistergreen

D1Mistergreen

Thank you , I had this same issue and it helped me so much

9. abhi_14k

abhi_14k

krmmachlab said:
    I had the same problem and couldn't find any solution after an hour of googling. Then I finally figured it out:
    Make sure you have the correct WebGL Target Support installed (for the right Unity version). In my case I has installed WebGL Target Support for Unity 2019.1.1 (which I used for an older project), but my current project was on 2019.2.1.
    So go to https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2019.2.1 (replace the last part of the url with whichever Unity version you're using) and scroll down to WebGL Target Support and download+install it (choose the correct Unity path in installation). That should fix the problem. Hope that helps.

Thanks this helped. :)

luker1101 likes this.
  10. nshamnor

nshamnor

Thank you.. very helpful..

11. AaronJeffers

AaronJeffers

You're a saint, I have a project due soon and I couldn't get my latest version to build. Thank you so much!