Search Unity

Official I have a bug!

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by alexandral_unity, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

We're sorry to hear that!

As stated in the welcome thread, if you are experiencing an issue in the Shader Graph tool that you think is a bug, please file an official bug report via the Unity Bug Reporter. Issues that are reported on the forum are not guaranteed to be seen by developers or fixed. Bugs filed through the Bug Reporter can be tracked at the public Issue Tracker.

Where's the bug tag?
    From today on we're removing the "bug" tag from our forum. This is for a couple of reasons:
    1) The development team can't track bugs from forum posts. Often, we don't get all of the information we (or our test team) need to properly reproduce the bug, find the instability, and fix it. Filing an official report can give us the opportunity to understand your platform, software versions, project set up, and all manner of specifics that can help us fix the bug faster.
    2) The community can't do much about it! As awesome as you guys are, we can't expect the community members to have a fix, extra knowledge, or ability to fix any bugs. Posting on the forum with a bug report bloats the thread list with issues that the community likely can't help with.

How do I know I have a bug that should be reported?
    It can be hard to tell sometimes when you should report a bug. Here's some things to look out for:
    1) Consistent unexpected behavior. If something happens in a way that you weren't expecting more than once by repeating the same steps, you've probably found a bug!
    2) Console log errors. This one is pretty easy -- if preforming an action in the Shader Graph causes errors to log to the console, take a quick look at them. Errors that reference files within the Shader Graph, High Definition or Light Weight Render Pipeline packages are probably a bug!
    3) Inconsistencies between platforms. If you're noticing that certain things behave in one way on, for example, Windows but differently on Mac, you might have found a bug!

brn, waltran, ROBYER1 and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.