Search Unity

Bug I got Error of 1.8.2 in Building.

Discussion in 'Burst' started by jongning, Mar 12, 2023.

1. jongning

jongning

when i research for this error. Unity return me link with empty information
    I demand the way to fix this problem!
    (see https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.burst@latest/manual/debugging-profiling-tools.html). This link ain't give Sh-t
    [1.8.2] - 2022-11-18

Added
    Changed
    Fixed

• Fixed an issue where sometimes the wrong body of an overloaded entrypoint would be used
    • Failing to link if ; in path
    • Fixed Burst being disabled in the Editor after changing script optimization mode (i.e. from Release to Debug or vica-versa)
    • C# Debug information was incorrectly ignored for methods that had multiple source files. This caused native debug information to be dropped for code generated methods, and prevented the disabling of burst for such methods when a managed break point was set in Unity 2022.2 or greater (see https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.burst@latest/manual/debugging-profiling-tools.html).
    • Pointer addition of byte would incorrectly sign extend the byte, instead of zero extend.
    • lib_burst_generated.txt was not being output.
    • Player stripping levels higher than minimal would fail to build with burst if they used String.Formatters, String Copy, or BurstDiscard.
    • Fixed error when building player caused by calling an entrypoint method from within other Burst-compiled code
    • iOS/tvOS burst libraries are now using explicit min os version, as configured in player settings.
    • Fixed Burst AOT setting "Enable Optimizations" not being applied in player builds
    • Fixed player builds not being recompiled when changing only Burst AOT settings (and changing nothing else) in Unity 2022.2+
    • Error caused by the MonoDebuggerHandling.dll requiring VCRuntime to be installed.

2. tim_jones

tim_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi @jongning - you mentioned that you got an error when building your code with Burst 1.8.2, but I don't think you mentioned what the error is? What error are you getting?

We'll fix the link in the changelog, thanks for pointing that out.

3. jongning

jongning

@tim_jones Hi Thx for the reply!
    I don't really know what error do i get because after fix this and that only problem i had is build VR game into Andriod App to install Oculus2. Sometimes its does said Brust compiler 1.8.2 or 1.8.3. So, i'm not really sure how to fix Brust compiler problem.