Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question I got "Error loading Ad Unit Rewarded_Android: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Placement Rewarded_Android does no

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mfatihbarut, Nov 29, 2021.

1. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Hi all,
    I got " Error loading Ad Unit Rewarded_Android: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Placement Rewarded_Android does not exist for gameId: xxxxxx"
    error, what can be the reason and how can I solve it?

2. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

btw, I have done everything step by step according to the document.

3. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

4. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @mfatihbarut, sorry for the delayed response.

It's worth double-checking that you are using the correct game ID, that the placement 'Rewarded_Android' exists in your project, and that you are successfully initializing the SDK before attempting to load.

If those troubleshooting tips don't work for you, please open a ticket with us directly by clicking on the question mark (?) icon at the top of the dashboard and scrolling to the 'file a ticket' section for further investigation.

Have a great rest of your day!

5. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

thanks all 3 were done before this mesage

6. Ishikawa_17

Ishikawa_17

Hi @Unity_Quinn I'm having the same problem, I followed the step by step and still this error still appears

7. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

@Ishikawa_17 would you be able to share your Game ID with me? I would be more than happy to check this for you.

8. ducanhtuvu

ducanhtuvu

I also got this problem. my game ID : Project Id: 88320173-1917-491f-84c6-c5f37abc6dd0

9. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Would you be able to share the name of the placement that doesn't exist for you? Looking at your project this is likely occurring because you have configured your project to be using Unity Mediation on the Dashboard when you are instead using the Native Ads SDK.

10. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

I am actually having this same problem
    I will go ahead and build a test apk to see if the Ads will run properly

11. kolikaran030

kolikaran030

68f44a94f7e789270d1dc849c1c6d29bf98257008abf76a32e6624b4892fb592

12. krupps

krupps

I was having the issue because I was initializing the platform incorrectly. It was causing me to specify the iOS ad unit instead of the Android.

13. Lathanoboy

Lathanoboy

I also have that error. When I try to load in "OnInitializationComplete" Function.

14. DimonddD

DimonddD

solved for me.
    my "Rewarded Android" argument in unity dashboard had a different name. there are a lot of them, you need to choose which one is rewarded.

15. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

Okay that’s good to hear, so were you able to build a working Apk, as I was able to fix this but now I am stuck at apk crash at start up on android… it’s crazy mehn

16. krupps

krupps

I ended up scratching most of the codeless ads. I created my own singleton controller that handles all of it and I fire off coroutines via a queue to avoid the threading issues. Works great now.

17. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

I usually do not use codeless ADS I write it either from scratch or edit one of my Old Ads script well I implemented Unity Ads 4.4.1 and IAP 4.4 in my recent update for my game targeting android api lvl 33 and it went through well and worked well
    I will be returning to a previous project I left cause of the crash on start and back port play games services to an older version hopefully it works