Search Unity

I feel so old, but what do I use now instead of Unity Web Player?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by yusefkerr, Sep 13, 2019.

1. yusefkerr

yusefkerr

Hello, it's been a long time since I've tried to build a game that people can play online, without having to download and run the whole thing. The last time I did, I used Unity Web Player, which now doesn't really work on most browsers.

I'm making a new website and I want to have a few interactive work samples on there. Most would be very small examples, with perhaps one small complete game. What would be the recommended way of doing this? Also, are the recommendations different if I'm considering having a super-simple multiplayer game, compared to single player?

Also, is it best to use some kind of hosting site for this, or should I run it from my own hosting service?

2. Shizola

Shizola

3. yusefkerr

yusefkerr

Thanks for the link. I get an impression that a lot of people don't go down this route because there's no mobile support. If I look online, then a lot of the example projects are from a couple of years ago, so is this a bit of a dead-end at the moment? It seems like it isn't a particularly popular way to do things.

4. mgear

mgear