Search Unity

I don't quite understand

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by DuvE, Jul 24, 2020.

1. DuvE

DuvE

So, the ML-Agents are mostly used for creating AI, before building the game?

What if I want to make a game based on learning, for example, each level AI will learn and update its behavior. Is this possible with the current ML-Agents setup?

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Flagging this for the team, and I'll pass along any guidance they suggest.

3. awjuliani

awjuliani

Unity Technologies

Hello,

It is not currently possible for learning to take place in realtime while a users plays a game. ML-Agents is mainly designed for creating learned behaviors which are then fixed and deployed in a game or simulation.

4. DuvE

DuvE

Is the real-time (in-game build) learning solution planned though? Can't find the roadmap for Machine Learning. If not, still good job, really appreciated your work on ML-Agents.

5. elieceralejandromv

elieceralejandromv

The objective of this is to learn to an agent to do something. For example, hunt the human, kill him, or just simulations. Currently, as far I know, there is not a "real-time learning" on machine learning problems, because learning is just a phase and it is computationally expensive.

6. DuvE

DuvE

That is unfortunate, it would be great if, for example, you can train AI each time you make a run in a roguelike game or something like that. This will also lead to a completely different from player to player experience.

7. elieceralejandromv

elieceralejandromv

Yes that is an a limitation of AI right now, but its pretty good as far.

8. Hsgngr

Hsgngr

Well you can imitate that experience by training multiple Nn models. For each level you can just change the more trained AI and it will basically be better than the previous. Therefore users can think their player is really evolving. However personalizing it cannot be imitate easily. But one can do that with increase the number of trained Nn models.