Search Unity

I dodo

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by MarkSteere, Mar 1, 2023.

1. MarkSteere

MarkSteere

Just a brief introduction, if may.

I'm starting on my first Unity app - a very simple board game, Dodo, with an AI component, for cellphones.

I'm an abstract game designer - definitely not a professional developer. In the past two years I programmed 16 games for Board Game Arena. The first one was extremely difficult and I needed a lot of help to get it working. Eventually I was able to complete BGA programs without any help.

Now I've worked through all the basic Unity tutorials, and watched eight tutorials on programming Ur in Unity 3D. The BGA programming and Unity tutororials have not fully prepared me for this project. I'm back at square one. I'll probably have some dumb questions, especially starting out. I hope that's ok. I'll try not to make too much of a nuisance out of myself.

It's probably recommended to start out in 2D but I'm following and adapting what was done in the 3D tutorials.

I want the program to be very flexible. So for example, you can start a game in human vs human mode, then partway into it swap out one or both of the players for AI. Back up a few moves and play forward differently...

Dodo:
    https://www.marksteeregames.com/Dodo_rules.pdf