Search Unity

Question I do not see my Oculus Quest 2 as an option in my Unity projects?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Deleted User, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Someone kept shutting down my question in the course, so I guess I'll ask here. I was working on the VR course, butfor quite some time before I even started that, Oculus would never pop up as an option in the build settings. Developer mode is on, and I have the device directly connected to the PC. What else could I possibly try? I am using Android, and have it set up to use the XR rig. Everything else seems to work fine. Or, is it really a big deal that it doesn't if I build and run?

Thanks.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

When plugging it in (with a cable that has data transfer!), allow the PC for USB debugging inside the headset.

And if it is a big issue or not depends on if you want to use build and run. Depends on your desired workflow.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I want to build and run. And I have the Oculus plugged in whenever I'm deving.

Edit: I won't B&R until project is done, but I can't get even the project from the course to do it. This project just does exactly what the others do. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2023
  4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Did you do what I said?
    It's not about the project (unless an error is thrown about the project ofc), so it's probably an issue with adb. Maybe get sidequest running first so you got the connection and then try build and run