Search Unity

I created my own SF open-world video game after 4 years' work

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by SOLIDSStudio, Mar 23, 2024.

1. SOLIDSStudio

SOLIDSStudio

Hello everyone!

After more than 4 years of solo work, my fourth video game, "THE DARK SIDE OF CECLON" will soon be ready on Steam : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1467090/THE_DARK_SIDE_OF_CECLON/

TDSOC is a third-person shooter that combines action/adventure with survival/RPG mechanics set in a sci-fi universe. In an open world, you will face the Nocturnes, terrible creatures that emerge during the dark night.

Creating TDSOC required a significant amount of work and energy alongside my job as a producer. However, I aimed to make this fourth video game much more ambitious than its three predecessors. Thus, I made some choices and dedicated four years, with 90% of my free time devoted to the project.

Throughout development, I had to iterate and reflect repeatedly, imagining, creating, testing, persevering, learning, and overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges… As managing an open world in terms of performance, AI, the value of exploration and all the other things that revolve around it.

To create a video game independently, one must be truly passionate about it. I would even say it's a calling to work for years and see it through to the end. The only real motivator when you're alone on a project is yourself because no one else will do the work for you.

Like everything else we create, it starts with an idea that gradually grows and becomes more concrete and structured. Over time, the « abstract » transforms into the tangible.

And so, I will tell you, persevere, it won't be easy, but know that the joy of seeing the players flourish with our own creation is priceless. Let's continue to be passionate and to make our players dream!

P.S. If you want to support me, put the game on your wishlist, you'd be the best! ;)
    You know how hard it is to succeed as an indie dev.

I wish you all the best!

SOLIDS Studio - You can call me Alex if you prefer ^^