Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question I can't use ProBuilder on Unity 2022.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nopropsneeded, Aug 29, 2022.

1. nopropsneeded

nopropsneeded

Hello.
    I was using ProBuilder on Unity 2020.3.30f1 Personal.
    After I updated Unity to 2021, ProBuilder stopped working.

I don't see the Shape Tool window like it used to.
    When I try to make a Cube by pressing the New Shape button, I can't.
    If I try to resize the Cube by dragging, NaN will be entered in Size and errors will be output to the console.

スクリーンショット 2022-08-30 0.30.51.png

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...e-written-to-the-mesh-generated-by-probuilder
    I found a similar issue addressed on this page.
    The page said Fixed in 2022.1.X, so I updated Unity to 2022.1.14f1, but the problem persisted.

I'm using macOS Monterey 12.4, Unity 2022.1.14f1(SILICON), ProBuilder 5.0.6.

I made a new empty project, imported ProBuilder and tried it, but the same problem is reproduced.

I would like to know how to resolve this issue.
    I want to use ProBuilder.
    Thank you.

2. Homicide

Homicide

Hmm, im a little confused on your version attempts here, but , i can say that i have 2021.3.5f1 installed currently, and been woking with ProB for a few days solid now on some vehicle mesh customizations, and it is working fine.

I will just add a little note about 'Fixed in version... etc" Seems to me i see this often, and often, the issues werent actually fixed. But i suppose its better than some other issues that have been on every LTS and 'never' recieve a fix.

3. nopropsneeded

nopropsneeded

スクリーンショット 2022-09-01 1.40.52.png

I solved the problem by tilting the scene view slightly and then creating the Cube.
    If I'm looking at the scene straight on the z-axis, the error seems to be due to Size.z being 0.
    It seems that it is not possible to create a Cube by directly entering a number in the Size field.

ProBuilder UI has changed since version 4, which was a bit confusing, but I was finally able to create a Cube.
    Thank you.

JiachenZeng and Homicide like this.