Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't understand that it is not possible to cancel the import-asset-process!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nexusmaster, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Hi,

I'm an Unity Dev for almost 10 years and I was never that cross with Unity as right now. I have a big project running (over ~100GB of Assets) and I don't understand why the auto refresh starts an automatic reimport of all my assets. I already turned off "AutoRefresh" in the Editor settings but even when I manually run reimport on one fbx asset, it triggers Unity to start this annoying auto import of all assets! I know this "bug" happens not in all of my projects, but you can't expect me to send my 100GB project as a bug report. Probably it's caused by probuilder or some other tool, but this is not the point, I don't need a bug fix, I need a cancel solution for this import process.

So please, add a function/button to let me cancel any asset import process that is triggered automatically (or not) by the Unity Editor!
    I don't think I'm the only one who has this issue.

All the best,
    Chris
    using Unity 2020.3 LTS
    (this should not matter because, we don't need a bug fix we need a cancel button!)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Looks like editing the OnPreprocessModel method in an editor script starts the auto refresh/import of all models. This should only happen when a new model gets imported, this is clearly an unity editor bug.

3. Nexusmaster

Nexusmaster

Now I imported a new asset from the store (amplify imposter) and the auto import process of all assets starts again?! I really need a cancel button for this, all the assets have already been imported (and not changed).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  4. GMAGames

GMAGames

this engine is full of bugs

5. AlizerDoesSQL

AlizerDoesSQL

I know, and Unity devs are not even bothering talking about it, literally found threads with these problems, unity devs just ignore