Search Unity

I can't sign into unity answers to ask question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrchrissross, Jul 9, 2020.

?

Can we use Unity packages in an asset we wish to publish to the asset store?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mrchrissross

mrchrissross

Hi everyone,

I'm unable to sign into unity answers, everywhere else is perfectly fine (store, here, dashboard, etc...).
    Each time I try to post anything it takes me to my account settings. (https://id.unity.com/en/account/edit)

I'm sorry if there is some other official place that I'm supposed to post this but it has gotten me so frustrated.

The question I wanted to ask was whether we are allowed to use Unity Packages (TMP, Cinemachine, Animation Rigging, etc...) from the package window in an asset that I wish to publish to the asset store, I'm sure we are but I just want confirmation.

If so, any tips would also be appreciated (do I put the packages in my own project folder or leave them in the assets folder).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.

2. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I'm able to sign in and go to the "ask" page, so...I dunno.

If this post doesn't signal boost enough, you might make another thread asking the question in the thread title. For what it's worth I'm also "pretty sure" but don't know for absolute certain. A quick Ctrl+F for "package" on the legal pages for Unity itself and the asset store didn't show anything.

mrchrissross likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Yes you can use Unity packages. You don't actually include the package code itself in your asset. See the submission guidelines:
    https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines
    I'd recommend mentioning in your asset's description that it requires certain packages, because it is pretty annoying when it is a surprise.

mrchrissross likes this.
  4. mrchrissross

mrchrissross

Thank you both kindly.