Search Unity

I can't select ListView items on UIElements Runtime

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Curlyone, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Curlyone

Curlyone

Hello

I can't select ListView items, when i register MouseDownEvent on items and debug a log, i can see the log so that means clicking on them actually works but it doesnt select it. When i hover my mouse they change their style but clicking on it doesnt select it. I tried Selection type for single and multiple as well, it doesnt work. I also tried changing Event System to IMGUI events and read input as well but those didnt work either(Read input didnt work at all, in IMGUI events it at least they change their style when i hover my mouse over an item),This was working fine in 2019.3 but i am using 2020.1.0b5 and it doesnt work, weird thing is.. when i hover my mouse over an item and press arrow up/down it starts to select things (in IMGUI events mode). So thats what i am doing right now as workaround but i was wondering if i am doing something wrong.

One thing i noticed is... i was able to click it once when Unity was loading stuff when i get into play mode but once that loading was over i wasnt able to click anything anymore.

I hope that someone can help me or point me to right direction.

Thanks.

2. Vertig0

Vertig0

I am having this issue as well. Hovering changes the style, but clicking does nothing. Changing to IMGUI events makes it work with the keyboard, but still not working on mouse click. I am on 2020.1.0b6.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. mrSaig

mrSaig

same here ... code works with mouseclick in Editor Window but not in Runtime ... also works when using the return key in runtime but not with mouseclick

4. Flipps

Flipps

I am on 2019.3.0f3 and it doesn't seem to work, too. (but just started with UI Toolkit)
    Any feedback on this?

5. mrSaig

mrSaig

nothing yet ... in the new beta b7 its still not working

My Workaround is to have Buttons in the ListItemElement and have a clicked event on there

6. Omniaffix-Dave

Omniaffix-Dave

Same issue still occurring as of 2020.1.0b11 "com.unity.ui.runtime": "0.0.4-preview",

7. watsonsong

watsonsong

Same issue at Unity2022.2.2f1.
    Did you find why I can not select at runtime?

8. cpalma-unity

cpalma-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @watsonsong. Could you give us more details about your setup? It doesn't work in play mode or in a build? Also, can you share how you are setting up the list view?

9. RagnarNI

RagnarNI

Hi I have found the same.

My visual element is built at runtime here is my tree (created uxml file to house just view for testing)

upload_2023-2-3_8-13-28.png

When a player clicks find game it populates a list of Lobbies (UGS).

Find Games - Runtime

upload_2023-2-3_8-26-9.png

here is dummy code only used in editor

upload_2023-2-3_8-15-57.png

This worked using 2022.1 but stopped when using 2022.2+. I changed the callback from
    onSelectionChange to selectionChanged as per docs. I am now on 2022.5.

Attached Files:

10. Charles1980

Charles1980

So, is there anyone solve this issue?

11. tigger

tigger

I ran into this with Unity 2022.3.5f1. The first click would select the proper item but subsequent mouse clicks were ignored.

Fixed by registering handlers for BOTH "itemsChosen" and "selectedIndicesChanged".
    The handler for itemsChosen does nothing (but you must have it in order for selectedIndicesChanged to fire reliably).
    The handler for selectedIndicesChanged is where my logic is at.

Krosenut and oscarAbraham like this.
  12. nathanAjacobs

nathanAjacobs

Can guarantee that registering handlers for both "itemsChosen" and "selectedIndicesChanged" fixes the problem.

It shouldn't be required to implement both handlers. In my case I only need the "selectedIndicesChanged" handler.

13. BachmannT

BachmannT

I confirm, this workaround works perfectly although understandable! Thanks tigger.

Code (CSharp):
    1.   lvHistoric.itemsChosen += (IEnumerable<object> selectedRows) =>
    2.    {
    3.        Debug.Log($"itemsChosen {selectedRows.Count()}");
    4.    };
    6.    // Selection change, load request and answer field
    7.    lvHistoric.selectionChanged += (IEnumerable<object> selectedRows) =>
    8.    {
    9.        Debug.Log($"selectionChanged {selectedRows.Count()}");
    10.        // My logic here ...
    11.    };