Search Unity

I can't open a project anymore

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by supaworst, Mar 25, 2020.

1. supaworst

supaworst

Hello, as the title says, i can't open my project anymore from unity hub.

It seems that, at splash screen displayed, it gets stuck at the "UnityEditor.VR.DLL" loading.

Is anyone experiencing this situation?

I'm using Unity 2019.3.5 wiht windows and i'm developing for android platform.

Thanks in advance

2. supaworst

supaworst

The situation is also worse...i can't in general open unity, no matter which project i choose. I've tried some advice fro some forum threads such as reebooting and disconnect from internet but i had no luck. How could it be possible?

3. Olmi

Olmi

Hi,
    Is your system functioning correctly otherwise?

I know it sounds dumb, but have you checked if your boot drive where your operating system has enough space? If you'
    re on Windows, an almost full drive can cause often all sorts of problems, but often excluding a warning about a full drive...

And I suggest you back up your project before you try any repair attempts, as otherwise you're most likely going to just make things worse for yourself.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. supaworst

supaworst

Thanks for the reply!

My project is already backupped on git so, from this side i'm ok.

My boot drive has 13 GB of free space, it's not much but the disk is not totally full.
    I've managed to open this project till this morning and then, after a unity reboot it hasn't worked anymore.

I'm about both to cry or to destroy my PC :(

5. Olmi

Olmi

Try disabling all sorts of things that might make Unity fail to function. Have you installed anything new today/recently? Disable anti-virus software etc. Try booting to safe mode. See if anything makes a difference.

6. SniperED007

SniperED007

I'm having the same issue, just started today. @supaworst did you manage to work it out?

7. supaworst

supaworst

Yes, but i found out that was a malware that was blocking my command prompt and was interrupting all the script compiling at project opening.

After i've managed to remove it, the project have started to open normally.

I hope it could help you!

8. SniperED007

SniperED007

I managed to solve my issue, was some sort of conflict between two 3rd Party plugins, deleted the one and it loaded again.

9. mikajudoka

mikajudoka

I can't open my project anymore since the installation of "Enemies" Assets at the moment of import Unity crashed.
    And since I can't open my project, even after restarting the computer.