Search Unity

Resolved I can't log-in my primary account due to 2FA

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by joShmoe, Jan 9, 2022.

1. joShmoe

joShmoe

Dear Unity Customer Support,

I'm locked out of my primary Unity Account. I had to factory reset my phone. Google authenticator deleted ALL my 2FA log ins.

I can not log in without it. There is no way to reset this from my end.
    Untitled-1.png

I've contacted support 2 weeks ago & I've not heard anything. I reached out again last 06.01.22 with the same result.

PLEASE HELP

PS: I have had no problems adding deleted Authorizations from other apps/sites except for Unity.

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

You should have saved the Recovery codes that you got when activating 2FA.
    The unity Support will not answer question / Account issues in the Forum.
    They should usually come back with a answer for account issues within days.
    https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=65905

ps: a small hint about the Google authenticator: It saves the codes ONLY on your device (no cloud sync). Keep the Original QR codes that you scanned or backup codes if you don't want to loos access in case of a device failure.

3. joShmoe

joShmoe

That's the problem. I've already sent TWO tickets & I've not heard anything from customer support.
    As far as the 2FA recovery code, I lost that e-mail/file.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What is the support ticket number that you received after contacting support@unity3d.com? I can take a look.

fffMalzbier likes this.
  5. joShmoe

joShmoe

Thanks Jeff, this just got resolved this AM.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  6. glacuesta

glacuesta

I am experiencing the same issue. When I was trying to log in yesterday it was asking for my 2FA code or recovery code -- but I never activated those (to my knowledge) and never had to use 2FA when logging in. It just started happening out of the blue. Strangely, I'm still logged into these forums, probably from my previous sessions, but trying to access my Unity ID settings will prompt another 2FA check. I have already raised a ticket but it is saying to expect a response in 19 days. Support ticket 1243919 -- would you be able to help look into this?