Search Unity

I cant install unity on my laptop/tablet i need help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Xenoneq, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Xenoneq

Xenoneq

So i have expirienced a wierd problem While trying to install unity on my laptop / tablet. I have 11.1 GB free in disc c and 52 GB free on disc d (where i tried to install it) . I tried to install unity with deafult components (Windows, web, android) it downloaded and started to install it. At some random moment of the installation it just dissapeared. I turned off unity turned on and it started installing again. I left it for 2 hrs and nothing. I started to See that my c drive disc space is running out slowly (even with unity hub turned off or deleted) . I needed to restart my laptop to deafult settings 3 Times (becouse i tried to download unity for about 5 Times). The laptop / tablet that i try to install unity on is Kruger&matz 1162 N3350 with 4 GB RAM. Pls i need help it would be pretty useful for me to have unity downloaded. I havent tried installing only unity editor without components but i am scared to start another installation.

PS. Sorry if this post could be hard to understand i am on a Phone now So autocorrect could be a problem

2. dominykasm

dominykasm

Unity Technologies

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I know the Unity installation process uses your OS temp folder for download and decompressing the download before putting it at the installation location. This is on C: by default. I'd venture a guess that you're running out of space on C: while installing as you're also likely using C: for your swap file since you have such little RAM in the machine as well.

So I'd do another install and monitor your free space on C:. I'd bet you're approaching a full C: shortly before your install dies. That machine is really low spec for game dev by the way.

Also, is your D: an actual SSD/HDD or an SD card or USB flash drive? There have been a good number of threads over the years on problems installing the editor onto removable media like those. No idea if there has been any improvement on that front.

4. Xenoneq

Xenoneq

I have a laptop / computer So i have Micro SD that could be the problem but also i think the theory with running out of space on disc c is possible

5. Xenoneq

Xenoneq

Also thanks for info about low-spec for dev. That tells me pretty much everything i need to know. So thank you :)