Search Unity

TextMesh Pro I can't install TextMesh Pro in my unity projects

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Barrabas68, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Barrabas68

Barrabas68

Hi everybody.

I'm completely desperate. I want to use TextMesh Pro in my project but I have no human way to install it. TextMesh Pro appears in my Package Manager but when I go to the Window option in my menu, I only get an option called Text.
    I have tried creating a new project, creating a 3D project, installing another version of Unity, uninstalling all of Unity including the Unity Hub but I can't seem to use Textmesh Pro.
    Please could someone help me with this. I attach two screenshots where I show my Package Manager and the Window tab of my menu

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      256.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      208.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Can you provide a screenshot of the Package folder expanded just to see what packages are installed?

upload_2022-11-12_0-55-33.png

3. Barrabas68

Barrabas68

Hi Stephan

The screenshots I posted yesterday are from an installation that I have already deleted because they were simply test installations.

After deleting all of Unity and Unity Hub and reinstalling, TextMesh Pro now appears in new projects, but still does not appear in old projects. I attach a screenshot of an old project where TextMesh Pro still does not appear.

I would like to know where I made the mistake so that it does not happen again.
    I think that at some point my son, who also uses this computer, or I have configured some default option that prevents the use of TextMesh Pro but I can't find where.

Thank you very much for your time

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      107.6 KB
      Views: