Search Unity

I can't get Textures to import along with the Object I made in blender

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Reeconator, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Reeconator

Reeconator

This is my first game (Unity2020.3.24f1) and I have been using blender(2.9-3.0) to make assets, but I can't get the textures I make to Import along with the object. I can't find any good tutorials online that are up to date or work. I'm importing my blend file directly into unity, adding the object to my scene and it shows with no textures.

My view in Unity
    upload_2021-12-12_17-37-20.png
    (ignore the messed up door)

vs.

My view in blender
    upload_2021-12-12_17-38-58.png
    As you can see, my textures are being "seen" by unity, but it's not actually showing anything.

Any help would be appreciated. It's entirely possible that I'm just using an outdated method or I'm just implementing it wrong because again, this is my first game. Thanks guys

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I've always used a workflow that keeps the images separate, not created in Blender, just hooked up in Blender.

From this workflow, import usually works, but sometimes you have to hook them back up when they get to Unity.

Just testing now, it worked (see files attached), but since Blender Materals are always slightly gray, you always have to fix up the material anyway in Unity:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 5.18.45 AM.png

See attached ZIP file for my Blender file and texture, connected. It looks like this to me in Unity:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 5.16.58 AM.png

Attached Files: