Search Unity

Question I cant get sample to even build without errors on Android

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by martyresnick, Dec 16, 2020.

1. martyresnick

martyresnick

I am just trying out MARS and deciding if its worth the investment of time and money. I have tried to get MARS up and running but it seems setup docs are dated and updated versions arent working. so could someone please help me with the basic setup.

I have Mac running Unity 2019.4.15f1. I am also trying to build for android (pixel 4 is my dev device). I am able to run and build an ARFoundation app on the phone so I know dev is working.

I have set up the latest installer for MARS which honestly I am not sure how to tell version but just downloaded this week.

I have ARFoundation 2.1.18
    AR Core XR Plugins 2.1.11
    Ar Subsystem 2.1.2

In my player settings I have:
    Removed Vulkan
    Unchecked Multithreading
    Set minimum API to 26 (Android 8)

What am I missing. Forgive me I have been working on this for a week and cant get it to work. Attached is a screenshot of the errors

Please can someone help before I give up on this. Please dont point me to a set up video from 6 months ago either...I really just need to know what versions and what settings
    Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 11.35.41 AM.png

2. dweeh

dweeh

Does it run in the Simulation environment?
    Which template did you choose?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  3. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear you are having problems :(

I've not been able to replicate this problem so going to need a little more info. Is this a cloud build? If so does it work if you build locally?

Also if you are able to send your editor log when this happens that will give us some more info (~/Library/Logs/Unity/Editor.log)

4. dweeh

dweeh

Can something in here help?
    It might be old - but might give some new idea on what is missing...

1. Open the Build settings window by going to File > Build settings.
    2. Select the Android Platform and click Switch Platform.
    3. Open the Project settings window under Window > Project Settings.
    4. Select the Player tab under Project header.
    5. Locate the Other settings header.
    6. Locate the Graphics API’s list and select Vulkan, then click the minus button to remove it from the Graphics API list. This will trigger a project re-import.
    7. Locate the Minimum API level and set it to Android 7.0 ‘Nougat’ (API level 24).
    8. Locate the Scripting Backend and change it from Mono to IL2CPP.
    9. Locate Target Architectures and select ARM64.
    10 In the Project settings select XR Plug-in Management, while selecting the Android tab click the ARCore checkbox.
    11. Open the build settings window again and with an android phone plugged in and connected to your computer click Build And Run.
    12. Name your .APK file and your application should compile and automatically load onto your Android device.

5. ntvd1207

ntvd1207

So whats the error? At first I had to manually do Grendel settings outside unity. But without the error info no 1 can help you.