Search Unity

I can't find any weapons/scripts in the Unity 5.2.1 standard assets.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by BigLouis1971, Nov 1, 2015.

1. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

I'm taking my very first steps learning the engine and now is time to add some weapons to my test level, but I can't find any in the standard assets pack. Where can I find the weapons with scripts?

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

What weapons?

3. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

There used to be weapons in previous versions of the engine, but I can't find any for the latest version.

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Hmm... I've been using Unity since version 3.2, and I don't recall seeing any weapons included in the Standard Assets.

Regardless, if you're still in the very early stages of learning the engine, I'd disagree that now is the time to add weapons. I'm willing to bet there are still lots of tutorials to be followed along with, which would provide you with enough information that you'd be comfortable tackling creating your own weapons.

If you do really just want to add weapons, though, there are plenty of free options on the Asset Store.

5. tedthebug

tedthebug

Depending on the tutorial you follow in the Learn section there are weapons. The space shooter obviously has shooting & im sure the 2d rogue like has some sort of attack stuff.