Search Unity

I can't even get started.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lvl5studios, Aug 2, 2021.

1. lvl5studios

lvl5studios

After numerous problems trying to update Unity and Visual Studio Editor package on my PC, I decided to switch over to my MacBook and start new hoping that all I had to do was download and install Unity from the beginning on a new machine. However, it never installs! I get to the last step of installation where I am to choose a microgame and begin. Every microgame I select tells me the same thing. Microgame missing. Please try again. I have tried again and again and again. It has been two days and I haven't even been able to use Unity once! Everywhere I search online I seem to be the only one who is having this problem. I have been at this for two days now and am feeling very frustrated over something that is supposed to be just downloading, installing and starting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.11.42 PM.png

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Well you realize you do not need to select a microgame to launch Unity, right? Though I'll confess it kind of looks like you do in that UI. :oops: You should be able to switch to the "Projects" tab in Unity Hub, and then just click the big blue "New" button to create a new project.

3. plandrey

plandrey

You're not the only one having this problem. I'm having the same issue. I ended up selecting Empty 3D and now I'm stuck on the "Almost there!" screen waiting for the Launch Unity button to appear.
    I'm on a quad-core 21" iMac running Big Sur 11.4 (65 GB free disk space).

If anyone with "power to fix" is monitoring the forums, I'd like to get started since my educator's VR class starts tonight. It'd be nice to actually follow along! Failure to Launch.png

4. lvl5studios

lvl5studios

Thank you for the reply. All my options are very limited. I can't launch because it won't finishing installing until I select a microgame. After I get the message about the microgame being missing it starts installation all over again. On every computer I have used, small issues that shouldn't be issues in the first place keep me from using Unity.