Search Unity

i cant download editor...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by taipantails, Jan 13, 2022.

1. taipantails

taipantails

anytime i try the download stops and i get this error
    Download failed: error.1e000065.Cipher functions.OPENSSL_internal.BAD_DECRYPT.../../third_party/boringssl/src/crypto/fipsmodule/cipher/e_aes.c.1068. 32010632.error.1000008b.SSL routines.OPENSSL_internal.DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC.../../third_party/boringssl/src/ssl/tls_record.cc.298.

RECENT

Installs
    No official releases installed

2. TebogoWesi

TebogoWesi

where you able to find a solution to this issue?

3. blinkxr

blinkxr

i have the same issue, i dont know what to do

4. partialdata

partialdata

I have ran into this issue anyone know how to fix this? I have reported this through the proper bug reporting channels

Things i have tried
    restarted after hub install
    I have reformatted my machine
    created a new unity account
    turned off all firewalls

I still get the same error no matter what

Attached Files:

5. partialdata

partialdata

UPDATE: I FIGURED THIS OUT! check out this video here

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Video is useless platform specific non-sense. If it works for you it just suggests terrible networking in the garbage electron app that is UnityHub gives up constantly because of packet loss or basic speed not being up to its liking.

Sadly the "fix" is just constantly nursing that idiotic retry icon until it finally makes it. Once it does have the whole download you get to figure out why "Install failed: Installation Failed" Good thing they laid off engineers and not the marketing department...I'm sure we wouldn't want things to actually work...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2022
  7. TebogoWesi

TebogoWesi

What worked for me was closing other programs like google chrome and letting UnityHub run undisturbed.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sadly that kinda sticks to the bad networking vibe. Seems hub has this pre-maddona attitude towards sharing traffic or not getting "all the attention" heh. I eventually set up a bare metal test box and it worked but I can never get a solid run in a VM. Then once it's "complete" via the retry button over and over the dl is corrupt.

It's almost mind boggling this is a development platform that makes any debugging nearly impossible with vague useless errors or no error or output at all. Never mind I spend more time debugging Unity than anything I'm working on...I still haven't been able to work out the 2 blank error issue or what the differences or missing dependencies are to run Unity on Arch...which was working like 2 or 3 months ago. From the Hub being Electron (which is abandoned) to the cornicopia of things randomly not working I'd pull my hair out if I still had any. Makes me wonder if those larger Unity licenses come with therapy and a drug plan...

9. MandeepDhalor

MandeepDhalor

I have run into the same issue, the problem does seems to be related to network being handled poorly. Though unity can be installed explicitly which is stated in most of the threads, but that is not exactly a solutions, it is an escape from the problem.

There are multiple components those need to be installed which can best be clubbed together with hub.

[EDIT]: Fixed The Problem!
    I selected a different folder for temporary download files as well as destination files in the Hub Settings. Then hit the installation process again through hub. It worked!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  10. Green_Eggs_And_Ham27

Green_Eggs_And_Ham27

Hi I have also come across a similar issue, I have downloaded unity itself, but when i try to open it it says i donot have an activated license so then i realise i do not have the hub.
    I tried about four hundred times to download the hub but once it has installed the window pops up to click 'finish' but when i click this it goes to '(Not Responding) and the following message appears: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.png

Can anyone help me with this?

11. DangerIncreased

DangerIncreased

well why can't you download unity hub exe?

12. micos7

micos7

Apparently this is an issue with some bad routers,try to plugin the wifi cable directly in your computer and cretae a new connection.

DangerIncreased likes this.
  13. Vau_

Vau_

hahahahah I'm going to go crazy soon trying to solve this problem:(

14. umutgs458

umutgs458

15. Blackboxyc4

Blackboxyc4

16. sohamxbr

sohamxbr

Hello everyone , I finally found a real solution of this problem, I was stuck in this problem for more than 1 month. I was puzzled for so long time. But Somehow the problem was sorted, let me explain.

What I was doing when the SSL "error" came and the download failed:
    1. I am using Windows 10
    2. My PC was connected to internet via my phone's wifi.
    3. Antivirus/Firewall was ON.

(Solution) What I changed and NOW I can successfully download editor and modules without any error.
    1. Now I connected my PC to internet "NOT" via my phone's WIFI. Now I connected my PC to internet via my phone's "USB Tethering". So, now , It works like LAN/broadband/Similar. (This step is vital).
    2.I removed data limits of the network by going to Settings>Network & Internet> Ethernet.
    3. I changed the Download directory from Unity hub to a Hard drive instead of SSD. Unity hub>Settings>Installs>Downloads location.
    4. I turned off all the security features of my antivirus.

After that I started to download Editor and modules from hub. I got success, The SSL Crypto error didn't come. And thus I finally successfully installed unity editor, and its modules from unity hub.

Conclusion: This thing is not a unity specific error I think, because I got same error(SSL crypto) at android studio while downloading files. I think this error is Windows 10 specific, I never got this error from Windows 7. Have a great day.